+1 to all of this. 4326 is the projection lingua franca in humanitarian GIS, we
need to cater to that to be relevant.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fran Boon [mailto:francisb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 4:47 AM
To: HOT
Subject: Re: [HOT] Hot export : coordinate systeme

On 17 October 2014 07:46, Fred Moine <frmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let see why it has been coded like that, but for esri users (most of
> the gis officer working in humanitarian are using Arcgis, for now) it
> could be interesting to have EPSG: 4326 like in Geofabrik  website.

Not just ESRI users, Sahana users also.

I can see why GeoJSON might be in Spherical Mercator by default, but Shapefile
is bizarre

Allowing users to select the projection will be ideal, but we'll still want a
sensible default both for those users who do this all the time
(1 less click) & those who don't read/understand properly ;)