Hi,

Just a reminder the Activation Working Group meeting will happen today at
14 UTC, as we are the 2nd Tuesday of the month, on the #hot IRC channel on
OFTC Click here <http://irc.openstreetmap.org/> if you do not have an IRC
client, put an nickname and select the #hot channel at the very bottom of
the list before logging. If you do not know what IRC is, it is basically an
open platform for texting online in thematic rooms).

For those who think Working Group are "Only for top experienced people, get
away from there, newcomers!": *you are wrong*.

*It is for everybody and I would say especially for newcomers. Because we
need more and more people involved in the activations, not only on mapping
tasks.*

Monitoring humanitarian documentation (to identify crisis we could help +
prioritizing mapping in current activations when not specifically requested
by humanitarian organizations), update the wikis, participate to specific
mapping workflows and imports, validation, contacts with other mappers,
etc. If you get bored by only tracing building, there are many ways to
contribute in other ways.

Providing feedback, suggesting is what any newcomer can do, and it is
almost always very useful because it can either provide new good ideas or
simply pointing out some things should be explained/described better for
people contributing more easily and better.

See you there at the meeting,

Severin