Hi Jeremy,

I support the project idea and am glad to help with creating, documenting and managing projects in the Tasking Manger (which is not the hardest part of a project like this) for whomever would like to manage the overall project.

The first step would be to work out the licensing issues with the imagery and it needs to be put on a TMS server so we can use it in iD and JOSM.

We have a process for imagery that I am not familiar with except that I know requests always exceed availability in terms of imagery available, hosting and bandwidth to make it available and people power to get it it all arraigned.

It seems like the availability is taken care of, not by Amnesty International, but by their imagery provider, DigitalGlobe who is very generous with our HOT mapping needs is my understanding, so I think they are receptive to licensing for our use but would have to specifically grant us permission to use the imagery they provided to AI as it does not look to me like AI's current usage rights would allow us to use it. Plus we would need the georeferenced hi-res source imagery that AI is not providing. Then the hosting issue.

But the whole process is something even a fairly new HOT community member can give a try if you (or anyone) is interested. It will just take a bit longer as you will have to learn the process as well as go through it :)

If you (or anyone) is interested, I am happy to help, I want to learn the process myself anyway. Just contact me off list and let me know.

And of course, this is just my opinion and understanding, I could be missing something totally.

Cheers,
Blake