Hello again,
and sorry again, if I'm asking in the wrong place (but I don't know any other ...).

While trying to do some lunchbreak-mapping, I came across a tile with lots of small fields with dams in between (at least that's what it looks like, I guess it's rice??).
Someone started mapping all the dams as "highway=footway", someone else started mappping some as "highway=path".
That's here: http://osm.org/go/lsJBMJclB--

I wonder if that makes sense, even if you can surely walk on them, but there a really lots ...  Anyway, if so, I think "path" would be a better tag than "footway", the latter is more of an urban feature, isn't it?

Thanks again and greetings from the Alps!
Kretzer