Hello,

        Cheers to Blake and Dan for articulating all I have been feeling
about doing validations.
        I do think that new terminology is needed ("invalidated" -- ugh!).
Why not just change it to "needs more mapping"? We don't need a single
word.
        Also, it would be good to have a place to be a bit more specific
about what more needs to be done, such as "some buildings missing" or
"some ways missing."
        As I think I said before, it also took me a little while to figure
out how to stop work on a particular section without clicking the
"Done" button. After I figured out that all I had to do was post a note
about how much I had been able to do, I no longer was clicking "Done"
incorrectly. We should make sure that it is clear how to stop working
on a section and let people know it's not done.
        Last, Dan reminds us that someone (usually he) has to do the
validation work and that we all should pitch in, even if we are not
deeply experienced. If we see things that are not finished, but we
don't have the time to finish them ourselves, there should be an easy
way to indicate that someone else still needs to get in there and finish
the corrections. That way, the work gets spread around.
        Martijn van Exel's Maproulette included several ways to indicate
the status of each correction, such as "could not fix it" or "needs more
work." That is a good model for validating in HOT.

Charlotte