From: Nick Allen [mailto:nick.allen...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30. huhtikuuta 2015 10:46
To: Henri Riihimäki
Cc: HOT@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [HOT] How to handle task edge areas correctly?

Henri

Using my phone so briefly - see here

http://learnosm.org/en/coordination/remote/#checking-on-the-existing-data---id

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/
(treasu...@6thswanleyscouts.org.uk <mailto:treasu...@6thswanleyscouts.org.uk> )

On 30 Apr 2015 08:41, "Henri Riihimäki" <henri.riihim...@helsinki.fi
<mailto:henri.riihim...@helsinki.fi> > wrote:

Hello,

I am a beginner with HOT OSM. So far I’ve mostly digitized buildings regarding
the Gorkha task (#1009). I’ve read the beginners tutorials but I haven’t seen
what is the proper way to handle edge areas (maybe I’ve missed it).

E.g.,

1) if I find a road/path/track how that goes beyond my tile, how far should I
digitize it? Only to the border of my task tile or as far as it goes?

2) if I find mistakes from the edge area that are within another tile or that
goes beyond my own tile, what should I do?

and in general 3) how are roads/tracks connected between the tiles?

For example this morning I edited a tile which had a lot of features that were
poor in quality. A lot of this data was in another tiles area (landuse =
residential). I get it that editing another tiles area might create problems,
but in the other hand leaving poor quality data isn’t any good either.

Link to task instructions: http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1009

Best regards,

Henri