Thanks Laura for your comments
you dont want you all to go home. This is true that such response brings in a
lot of new contributor, some effervescence, discussions. At the same time, this
is how the crowdsourcing community is progressing. Some volunteers see
chalenges out of our discussion and then take the lead to respond in various
ways : learning material, videos, update the softwares we have.
People that go over the first day session show to my point of view some
interest to learn and progress, and they do. And the question is to how make
this fun for all of us, new contributor or more experienced.
We surely need some visuals, Facsheet or other, that let's quickly find an
answer and link to more detailed documentation.

You can connect to the live #hot irc channel and discuss. Less verbose then
this list this week :)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/hot
Just provide a nickname to represent you on the discussion. This is public.
Anyone can look at the discussion, type to present itself, ask questions and
comment.
It worth's look back at what we did in only 5 years since the Haiti earthquake-
Haiti 2010, 1 million objects edited in a month- Haiyan Philppines 2013, 1
million in half a week- Nepal 2015, nearly a million a day for 12 days.
We should not forget that must of the work is made by volunteers. Our Tasking
Manager does exist only since the mid-2012. At every major response, we discuss
and propose enhancements to this software. The core leaders, we started to
discuss after the Hayian response about the need for more monitoring tools.
This was even more necessary for the West Africa Ebola. With the unprecedented
number of participants for this Nepal response, we are pushed again forward.
Believe me, we feel the necessity to adapt rapidly.

As we receive new fundings to help better answer such responses, we should
surely look at improving these various aspects.
regard

Pierre