Hi Clifford,

Well, I've come to believe you are right, the other editors are better
suited for editing data into OSM. I'd probably be using JOSM already if I
hadn't run into "the memory issue" that I'm still not sure I've corrected,
 On top of that, QGIS is a tool that I can directly apply to my work, while
editors specifically for OSM are not -- so I was able to spend far more
time and energy getting to know it ...well enough to find how much I was
led astray by the statement under OpenStreetMap Plugin (obsolete) in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QGIS (This page was last modified on 11
March 2015, at 18:44)
"QGIS OSM Plugin <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QGIS_OSM_Plugin> lets
you load in vector data from OpenStreetMap, and even edit and upload your
changes." where "obsolete" apparently refers to the functionality as a
whole, not just an outdated plugin.

Cheers,
John