Well I think I'm rapidly approaching the end of the window I had to work
with this and figure out how to add it to osm, if anyone else wants to try,
go for it.  In the meantime, I just figured out how to turn it into a kml,
it contains sites in addition to those mapped by British Geological Survey,
Durham University, ICIMOD, NASA-JPL, Univ. of Arizona -- though one
coincides: theirs: 20150508_hazard_db:FID 120 this eq_kml_shp:id -80 and
eq_kml_shp:id -81. Their db is available at:
https://data.hdx.rwlabs.org/dataset/lands

This kmz here (rougher than I'd like but it will have to do... )  All the
best, John