To your second point: Are there specific things that I can prioritize in iD to
make it more suitable for new users performing HOT tasks?  For example, I’ve
made some progress on implementing a 2-click building drawing mode and hope to
have that in the next iD release.  And presets are something that are very easy
for us change too.

Would be happy to start a conversation about this..

Thanks, Bryan