Hi Suzan,

This sounds like you're problems within the iD editor rather than the
Tasking Manager. If I'm reading correctly, Tasking Manager is opening
iD for you once you've picked a square, but iD is not dealing with
your login credentials properly and you aren't able to save.

As Dan has already said, this could well be related to you clearing cookies.

I would suggest:

1: Visit openstreetmap.org and making an edit to your home town. Does
this work?
2: Log in to the Tasking Manager and try picking a square. Can you
save afterwards?

If 1 doesn't work, I would open and area to edit and get your browser
to do a page reload with cleared cache - Command + Shift + R - I
imagine that would usually fix it, which would then fix 2.

But, in short, certainly sounds like a local authentication issue
rather than a TM problem.

Let us know how you get on,

Cheers, Joseph