Hi all:

To add more info on Ayodele Oba request for more imagery, you can see
in this uMap the Bing &/or Mapbox hires coverage for the Nigeria South
West Geopolitical Zone states:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/south-west-nigeria-aerial-imagery-limits_45424#8/7.692/4.268

I wonder if there is other hires imagery for South Nigeria that I am
not aware of.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 10/07/15 14:27, ADEYEMO AYODELE OBA wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Tomorrow being the 11th of July, 2015 is a great day in our history
> as an organization when we will be having there official launch
> event of the Nigeria Open Data Access portal available on
> www.opendata.com.ng <http://www.opendata.com.ng>.
>
> To grace this event, we are having the first open data event in
> Akure which is also the first in south west Nigeria. We are
> gathering a network of individuals across different skill levels
> and careers to learn and share skills.
>
> More so, I will be introducing the participants to OSM and HOTOSM,
> its capabilities and purposes and how they can participate. We will
> also be recruiting in tested individuals in to the system and
> making sure that our part of the country is being mapped
> adequately.
>
> NB: some part of the south western Nigeria do not have high
> resolution coverage. Please let the Aerial Maps department of OSM
> do something about it.
>
> Thanks all!
>
> Ayodele Oba ADEYEMO Geogeek, GIS and Mapping Expert, Data Analyst
> Open Data Advocate Twitter: @iyoaye Facebook : christad92
> +2348163174143 Support project NODA. You can work with us as a
> volunteer by registering at www.bit.ly/NodaVolunteer
> <http://www.bit.ly/NodaVolunteer> or follow us on Twitter
> @opendata_ng

- --