Hi,

Personally I'd prefer a single glossary within LearnOSM [1] which is available in many languages. If you don't know what a term or acronym means, you won't know where to search for it, hence my preference for a single glossary. LearnOSM is linked from a number of sources which are HOT related and is expected to provide the answers for those who wish to donate their time and expertise through HOT.

For instance visit the Tasking Manager [2] now and you will find 5 of the first 6 tasks refer to 'IDP Informal camps'. You will not find an explanation of 'IDP' within many other glossaries. Perhaps a search of the TM for other terms that should be included?

The search engine of LearnOSM only searches for the title of a module or guide, so it will not find words within the module or guide itself. It would make sense to have all of the entries listed in alphabetic order to make finding the terms easier, although you can also use the 'Ctrl+f' function to search most documents. For most subjects within the glossary I believe it would be sensible to provide a short explanation, but then link to another site that has a fuller explanation for those who wish to explore further.

Many people have helped to provide translations for LearnOSM and hopefully they will continue to support HOT by continuing with their production of translations. We've just started using Transifex [3] for our translations, which should make the process simpler. We're more likely to be able to provide more translations for a glossary on LearnOSM than an entry somewhere else is able to provide.

[1] http://learnosm.org/
[2] http://tasks.hotosm.org/
[3] https://www.transifex.com

Regards