Greetings everyone,

HOT member and coordinator in Colombia, Humberto Yances, received a request from a local OCHA Colombia official to map some border areas that are currently dealing with a displaced persons crisis.

Humberto provided this overview of the situation (machine translated):

Under the state of emergency declared by the Constitutional Government of Venezuela from August 21, in ten municipalities of Tachira, 1,482 Colombians were deported to Norte de Santander, Arauca, La Guajira and Vichada. The figures are still rising in other border departments, and reports of arrivals received in other municipalities and capital cities.

The most affected department remains Norte de Santander, where 15,176 people have been officially characterized as returned and are in the process of being listed in the Register Unique Victims (RUD) administered by the National Unit for Disaster Risk Management (UNGRD).

The two projects for this are here:

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1190
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1191

They are not large areas so I think we can get them mapped pretty quickly if we can get some good numbers mapping.

Regards,
Blake