Hi all,

I want to welcome all the people who will be considering becoming a
voting member of HOT.

HOT is a diverse community with a shared goal: Working together to
serve people through collaboration and open data.

Becoming a voting member is a very public declaration of your
commitment that goal.

The HOT/OSM community works on the ground in many places and HOT the
organization does everything it can to support and build those
efforts.  Becoming a voting member is another way you can increase
your participation in and commitment to HOT's projects. The worldwide
HOT/OSM community has accomplished amazing work over the past 5 years
and I am honored to be a peer in that community and a voting member of
HOT US Inc.

I also wish to amplify Russ's mention of the importance of diversity
to HOT. HOT is committed to making our community a safe space for
people of any background.

If anyone has any questions about HOT or about becoming a voting
member, please just contact me whatever way is most convenient for
you:

blake.girar...@hotosm.org
skype:jblakegirardot
US: +1 734 330 8989
HOT's mumble server (search in the OSM wiki for mumble)

I love to quote Heather Leson, HOT US Inc.'s President: "Lets be
awesome together."
I look forward to working with everyone in the HOT/OSM community in
the future (how great is it to be able to say that?)

Cheers,
Blake
Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team