Just to address this quickly.

I love the imagery and use it often for maps and to create data. I love the
work that Fred and Haiti Communitare are doing. I want them to continue to
do it, both for the imagery but also to improve the local OSM community
capacity. ARC has made a commitment both informally and formally to help.

The drone imagery is problematic because it differs dramatically from the
newly acquired WV3 scene. Haiti is a quickly changing city. The drone
imagery shows an entire camp that is no longer present. The spatial
difference is also significant. Lastly, we intend for beginners to trace
the area during mapathons. All of these factors lead me to put the guidance
in.

Instructions to use only the provided WV3 scene are simply to ensure a
better up to date map and are not a judgement of the good quality work
being done by Fred, Pressler, and others in Haiti.

Feel free to contact me off list directly if you have any questions.

Dale