Dear all,

Apologies to those on the Members' list, I'm spamming you with this for the
second time. I sent this note to Members yesterday and it was suggested I
send to the wider HOT community as well.

Feedback would be great, and I'd also add that OSMF membership is something
that should really be given some thought if you're a keen OSM user:

I've put myself forward as a candidate for the next OpenStreetMap
Foundation Board:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM15/Election_to_Board

I strongly believe that HOT is a important and valuable member of the wider
OSM community, and that we also have a perspective on OSM that may be very
different from some other people's. I think that the OSMF could potentially
learn a great deal from HOT; we're a small group, but an incredibly diverse
mix of people that generate some fantastic results.

My question to you all, therefore, is does our HOT perspective raise
questions or concerns that may be missing from the current OSMF discourse?
Can you share an insight into the running of smaller communities that are
culturally, and physically, separated from the UK based OSMF? Does saving
lives with OpenStreetMap give a different perspective on how the wider
organisation should be run?

I'd really like to hear from fellow members on this topic, and there's also
a space for questions on the wiki if you'd like to contact all candidates
via that means:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/AGM15/Election_to_Board

I'm not the only HOTie running for a place, so I think this is a great time
for some of our potentially under-represented voices to be heard.

Cheers, Joseph