Hi Maning and Others,

UN OCHA published a map with TC Winston final track, and strips showing
very destructive hurricane force winds, and destructive storm force winds:
http://reliefweb.int/map/fiji/fiji-tc-winston-final-track-21-feb-2016

This shows related population information:
http://reliefweb.int/report/fiji/fiji-tropical-cyclone-winston-22-feb-2016-0

A team of VISOV volunteers is working on a map of damages reported on
social media:
http://u.osmfr.org/m/72342

I've been collecting interesting tweets on my account:
https://twitter.com/jgvisov

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem
<https://t.co/ykw3zPM6xB>

Le 24/02/2016 04:31, maning sambale a écrit :
> Hi Blake and Mike,
>
> I've started making contacts with Fiji NGOs on the ground.
> Fortunately, they said they are safe.  AFAIK, MapAction deployed
> already.  I'll get more news on the ground soon.
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 4:29 AM, Mike Thompson <miketh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Blake,
>>
>> Thanks!  That is very helpful!
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Blake Girardot <bgirar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> Ideally, and typically we map in response to support organizations on the
>>> ground who request the map data from us for emergency relief and they
>>> provide us their priority areas. No one contacted us in this case and asked
>>> us for map data or provided priority areas so we did not officially
>>> activate.
>>>
>>> One of the community members (JGC) has been reviewing news and social
>>> media to determine impacted areas and I am working on a tasking manager
>>> project to support his suggested first priority area now (Koro Island).
>>>
>>> In this case the mapping we do will probably be used during the remainder
>>> of the relief phase and just as importantly for the recovery efforts,
>>> knowing what used to be where and planning during reconstruction (and used
>>> in insurance claims to cover reconstructions believe it or not).
>>>
>>> But without direct contacts on the ground we will be "mapping in to the
>>> blue" and will publish our resulting data sets on HDX
>>> (https://data.hdx.rwlabs.org/group/fji?sort=metadata_modified+desc) as well
>>> as using the HOT Export Server to generate gps device maps with building
>>> foot prints for relief workers.
>>>
>>> I expect the first Fiji project to come out shortly for Koro Island, which
>>> is small and only about 500-1000 buildings.
>>>
>>> The follow on Fiji projects will probably cover the north shore of Viti
>>> Levu as well as the small islands between Koro and Viti Levu.
>>>
>>> Since it is not an official HOT activation, it moves a little more slowly
>>> as we find people with the time to handle the process of reviewing damage
>>> reports, existing data sets, existing mapping, imagery and making TM
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> So I think the answer is we are supporting, but without any ground
>>> contacts it takes us a bit longer to get ramped up.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Blake

"On ne m’ôtera pas de l’idée que, pendant la dernière guerre mondiale,
de nombreux juifs ont eu une attitude carrément hostile à l’égard du
régime nazi." Pierre Desproges
"I won't be deprived of the idea that, during the last world war, many
Jews had a downright hostile attitude toward the Nazi regime."