Hi Russ,

Here is some news about sugar mills in Lautoka, Rarawai (Ba) and Penang
(Rakiraki):
http://www.fbc.com.fj/fiji/38392/fsc-focuses-on-mill-repairs

Labasa is not mentioned, maybe because it was not affected, or not as much.

Best,

Jean-Guilhem

Le 13/03/2016 20:51, Russell Deffner a écrit :

> Hello everyone,
>

> A little off-topic on a Sunday Mapternoon :)
>

> I’ve been asked a few times; and was curious myself, but any local
> knowledge folks – please correct me if I’m wrong.  However, it does
> appear that the Labasa Cane Train is operating, at least at the time
> of the imagery.  If you look at the Labasa Sugar Mill (just on the
> east edge of town), you can actually see the sugar cane wagons.  I
> also think I found a caboose loaded up off to the northeast.  It’s
> really interesting because this is (I think – not an RR expert – at
> all) the ‘narrowest of all gauges’ when it comes to locomotives, which
> makes it incredibly hard to see in imagery.
>

> Anyway, after looking at the pictures here:
> http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_in_Fiji I was totally looking
> at those full wagons on the tracks thinking – what the heck is that –
> well, now you know :)
>

> On a mapping tip note – there are many sections where the train track
> is ‘in the road’/shared way – in that case, just tag the segment with
> both highway=* and railway=narrow_gauge
>

> Happy Mapping!
>
> =Russ
>

> Russell Deffner
>
> russell.deff...@hotosm.org <mailto:russell.deff...@hotosm.org>
>
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
>
> http://hotosm.org <http://hotosm.org/>__

"On ne m’ôtera pas de l’idée que, pendant la dernière guerre mondiale,
de nombreux juifs ont eu une attitude carrément hostile à l’égard du
régime nazi." Pierre Desproges
"I won't be deprived of the idea that, during the last world war, many
Jews had a downright hostile attitude toward the Nazi regime."