Dear HOT team,

I want to hereby inform you that GIScience group of Heidelberg University <http://www.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/gis/index_en.html> set up an OpenRouteService Disaster Map for Ecuador: http://openls.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/disaster/.
The map and graph will be updated regularly.

As in earlier cases for the disasters in Nepal or Haiti the additional /OpenRouteService/ SOS - route profile currently considers passable and impassable tagged ways and dynamically adjusts the graph weights of OSM streets accordingly.

ORS also provides an Accessibility Analysis Service for a given location, the possibility to export GPS tracks to be used offline in mobile device and the interactive Avoid Feature Area Tool (in case areas are severely effected by debris and not accessible at all). These features are thus potentially valuable for Search and Rescue (SAR) units.

For more information also see: http://k1z.blog.uni-heidelberg.de/2016/04/20/disaster-openrouteservice-for-ecuador/

Hopefully this resource will be useful and we are open to feedbacks towards improvement.

Kind regards,

Melanie
on behalh of the GIScience group