Hi Dion,

The earliest pbf extract from geofabrik is Jan-2014, click raw
directory index: http://download.geofabrik.de/asia/philippines.html#
This is ~ 2months after the typhoon and might be a good proxy date.
Around Feb 2014, I started my fieldwork in Haiyan areas and I started
fixing a lot of data since then.  The Jan 2014 extract is probably the
closest timestamp you can get for mostly remote mapping that happened.

cheers,
maning