On thing to keep in mind is that some of this might have been mapped
via a different project so instructions that used Bing, the OSM
community has been active in Sri Lanka in 2016 a fair amount already.

The history in josm would answer that question probably.

Regards,
Blake
Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team