From: "Michael Heißmeier" [mailto:michae...@digital-filestore.de]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 6:54 AM
To: dharini dube
Cc: hot@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [HOT] Imagery

Hi Dharini,

whether Google's imagery is more recent or not is not really relevant for us
because their Terms of Use do not allow us to use their imagery for OSM.

Best Regards

Michael

Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Mai 2016 um 08:23 Uhr
Von: "dharini dube" <dharini.d...@gmail.com>
An: hot@openstreetmap.org
Betreff: [HOT] Imagery

Hi,

I am new to OSM and HOT mapping. I was doing the Sri Lanka flood mapping
projects 1914 and 1915 and I was looking at the Bing and mapbox satellite
imageries and compared them to satellite imagery on Google maps, there was a
lot of difference in terms of the features like buildings, streams etc. Many of
them are missing here in OSM. Which one is more recent OSM or Google.

Dharini Dube
New Delhi