I’m not really a new „new" member here but I think I never introduced myself to
the Group, so here we go ;)

Actually I’m a political scientist, working mostly on land rights issues and
during an Internship in India, I came across using GIS for mapping forest land
in order to apply for forest land right titles (the project was organized by
Oxfam India together with the local NGO I was working for by that time). This
combination of technology/data collection and human rights issues really
fascinated me and 4 Months ago signed up for OSM after I discovered the Missing
Maps Projects and shortly afterwards also HOT.

Since then I’m conducting research on the usage of Open Data for Economic
Development/Community Development as well as Humanitarian Aid and DRR and try
to bring this knowledge to local NGOs in my area who’re working in this field.

Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss further on this :)

Best wishes,

Stefan (seike_)