Just quickly: I agree with both Heather and Jo.

I think the Tasking Manager and associated technologies are the
cornerstones on which we build mentoring, community and good practices. So
much of HOT’s way of operating in a disaster is set by the current
structure of the Tasking Manager. So if we build out a good new TM that
explicitly allows for mentoring, learning and on-boarding then we’ll be in
a better place.

Anyways for now mentoring, validating or pairing people + explicitly
inviting them onto Slack / IRC for questions is definitely necessary.