Dear all,

You may already know our work with the Crowd2Map Tanzania
<http://crowd2map.wordpress.com/> project, but I'd like to share an
invitation to contribute to a different kind of mapping effort this time.
Just as world-changing, even if not about humanitarian mapping per se! :)

EyesOnALZ <http://eyesonalz.com/> is another initiative of the Human
Computation Institute, which is a collaborator of the Crowd2Map project.
EyesOnALZ aims to map the brain in Alzheimer's disease! The project and our
online game - Stall Catchers <https://stallcatchers.com/main> - have
actually been featured together with OpenStreetMap in the fantastic The
Crowd & The Cloud <http://crowdandcloud.org/> documentary series  (in the
first episode <http://crowdandcloud.org/watch-the-episodes/episode-one>).

Since I am passionately involved in both projects, it was just a matter of
time before I took the best from one and applied it to the other ..:)
therefore we're running our first Stall Catchers *"catchathon" this month,
22nd July!* (drawing *inspiration directly from mapathons of course*).

Stall Catchers is a citizen science game crowdsourcing groundbreaking
Alzheimer's research at Cornell University. We're searching the brain of
mice for stalls - blocked blood vessels that could be likely culprits of
Alzheimer's disease. However, even though the initial findings are
promising and could lead to the first Alzheimer's treatment, due to the
amount of data to be analyzed, the researchers cannot do it without our
help!

The goal of the *Stall Catchers catchathon is to increase international
participation & empower everyone across the world to fight a disease that
is affecting them, their loved ones and the society as a whole.*

If that seems like a worthy goal to you, we would *invite you to hold a
catchathon in your city, July 22, 16:00 UTC* (check your local time here
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Catchathon&iso=20170722T09&p1=137&ah=2>).
*The pizza is on us!* (Just send us your estimated budget in advance.) The
event will last for 2 hrs and be synchronized with the other locations
across the world. The Crowd & The Cloud series crew will also stream the
event via a live hangout, at the end of which we will announce the winning
teams. But the grand goal is crunching as much Stall Catchers data as
possible of course !!

Please get in touch with me directly if you'd like to run a catchathon in
your city! We will provide all the necessary materials and guidance :)
plus, the game is easy enough to grasp, and you don't yourself have to be
an experienced player to run it! In fact, most locations will be first time
players.

*Help us map the brain & cure Alzheimer's disease!*

Best,
Egle
Citizen Science Coordinator at the Human Computation Institute

--
*EglÄ— Marija RamanauskaitÄ—*
Citizen Science Coordinator & PIO at Human Computation Institute

<https://twitter.com/Seplute>  <https://www.facebook.com/EgMaRam>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/eglemarija>
*Follow my blog: All things #citizenscience & #biohacking
<http://seplute.tumblr.com/>*