Hey Dale, it is possible to automatically check the “review requested” checkbox
for new users, but I decided against it at least for the initial rollout of the
feature.  Some more thoughts here:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/4223#issuecomment-322211377
<https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/4223#issuecomment-322211377>

For now the reviews are “opt-in”, we may change this later if we decide the
feature is useful.

Thanks, Bryan