Mike Thompson was kind enough to build me a JOSM script.

https://github.com/MikeTho16/JOSM-Scripts
SelectDuplicateBuildings.js

To Run:
* Install JOSM's Scripting Plugin
* Place above file in a convenient location on your system
* Click "Scripting" (on top menu bar)
* Click "Run"
* Click "..." button and select this file.
* Click "Run"

Selects duplicate, or near duplicate, area buildings in JOSM's active data
layer. A "near duplicate" is a building whose bounding box overlaps another
building's bounding box by more than 50% (I couldn't get a pure area
compare to work).  Only the first building encountered of an overlapping
pair is selected. The selected buildings are added to the current selection.

Note clear the selection first then use the todo plugin to go through the
duplicated buildings.

Cheerio John