From: Yosem Companys <ycompa...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:32 AM
To: Progressive Exchange <disc...@progressiveexchange.org>, Liberation
Technologies <liberationt...@lists.stanford.edu>, "hot@openstreetmap.org"
<hot@openstreetmap.org>, "crisismapp...@googlegroups.com"
<crisismapp...@googlegroups.com>, UW Change Group
<cha...@change.washington.edu>, UC Berkeley Tier <t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [HOT] What's the best way for users to edit erroneous GIS data?

Hi All,

I have a technical question that I was hoping one of you could answer.

I'm working with an organization that has a Drupal website and is doing GIS
mapping.

The users have usernames and passwords on Drupal. They will use a data uptake
tool to upload GIS data. Should the users make a mistake, however, we'd like to
give them the option of editing or updating their data. We're trying to figure
out how to do that while protecting user privacy.

One possibility is to use some form of authentication. I recommended using the
IETF's OAuth. Because we have a Drupal website, however, one of our developers
recommended using HybridAuth<https://www.drupal.org/project/hybridauth> instead.

Or, in case of a mistake, would it be easier for the user to upload the data
again and have the new entry replace the old one?

Any best practices in this area?

Thanks,
Yosem