Gary,

Go here:

http://hplip.sourceforge.net/troubleshooting/printing.html

Follow the steps for issue 2, view the cups log and try to print. as well look at the syslog ("tail -f /var/log/messages") and post any errors when you restart cups.

Aaron

Gary Montalbine wrote:
Since I installed Mandriva One, I cannot get my HPDeskjet 5550 to print in color. Upon boot I get he error "cupsd: Child exited with staus 98! cupsd startup failed". However "service -s" shows cupsd is running.

I have installed cups and cups common 1.1.23-17.2.2006mdk. cups drivers 2006-10.1.20060mdk. hplip and hplip-hpijs-0.9.8-3.120060mdk.

I am using device URI hp:/usb/deskjet_5550?serial=MY28T1P0T92L. model driver HPDeskjet series CUPS v1.1 (en).

I have tried xpp and gutenprint.

Where do I start looking for a solution? Am I in the right forum?

Gary