Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your response... The OfficeJet 7310 does support duplex ADF scanning. I have been able to scan via the ADF in duplex through the HP Director software with no problems on a separate machine.

The HP website states:
Let jobs run unattended when using the 50-sheet automatic document feeder for printing, faxing, scanning, and copying (up to legal size)
Reduce document bulk and save paper with the automatic two-sided printing, faxing, scanning, and copying
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=product_detail&product_code=Q5562A%23ABA

The question is if the HPLIP driver has duplex ADF scanning support. I haven't been able to find that option, whether it be in xsane or otherwise, that enables duplex mode... Once again, thanks for you assistance.

-Manny