Good morning,

We haven't done any testing with either device you listed, however you may want to consider using an HP JetDirect device. We do test with those and haven't had any problems with them.

Hope this helps..

Aaron

Christoph Mueller wrote:
Hi,

I'm about to buy a HP Photosmart 8250. But I need to make it available
in our  network, so I need a print server cause the printer doesn't have
a network port.

Cause JetDirect print servers are a bit expensive, I thought about to
buy a Linksys PSUS4 or a D-Link DP-301U.
Is it possible to attach the printer with one of this print servers to
the network and print on it with the hplip driver? Would all features of
the printer be supported with this setup? E.g. ink fill status? Which
features would not be supported?

Bye,
 Christoph