We have only testing HPLIP with HP JetDirect boxes. Other vendors' boxes may work flawlessly or may have various problems. I think you should be able to get any box to print, but other items like scanning, faxing, status, ink levels, etc. may not be supported.

Aaron

giuseppe sportelli wrote:
i have a printer hp laserjet 3050 attached with a printserver with ip 192.168.1.110 d-link dp-g321
the problem un my ubuntu desktop 6.06.1 is that the
command
hp-setup -a 192.168.1.110
failed.
Question then is impossible use hplip with printer attached via printserver.
The printerserv is insatlled becasue i have other 4 printer attached.
ps i have configured hp 3050 via cups but the scanning e faxing not available with cups drivers
Thank for attention