What distro are you using?

Can you run hp-check and post the output?

Thanks!

Patric wrote:
Hi guys, hope you can help :-)

Trying to scan using HPLIP and I keep getting the following error :

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# scanimage -d hpaio:/net/HP_LaserJet_3390?
ip=192.168.1.58 -T
scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O

Device is a HP Laserjet 3390 being accessed over a network
If you watch the scanner it says that scanning is being held for PC
user, and it seems to actually scan, but when the scan is done the error
message appears.

Using:

hplip-1.6.10
sane-backends-1.0.14-6
sane-frontends-1.0.12-4
libusb-0.1.8-3
CentOS 4.4 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp

Just as a note, I was getting an error that the device was busy, and
in /var/log/messages a message stating it was trying to connect to port
8290 which was incorrect since nmap showed the jetdirect port to be
9100, so I changed the port number
in /hplip-1.6.10/io/hpiod/jetdirect.cpp :

From :     static const int ScanPort1[] = { 0, 8290, 0, 0 };        /*
hack for CLJ28xx */
To :         static const int ScanPort1[] = { 0, 9100, 0, 0 };        /*
hack by Patric */

Recompiled and the device connected properly.

Thanks!
Patric