Hello,

  I am new to Linux and apologize if this has been asked before. I have
setup Fedora Core 6 on a computer and would like to use OfficeJet 4255
with it. 4255 is working for sure as I had no problem with a Windows
computer.

  FC 6 comes with HPLIP 1.6.7 and I have setup OfficeJet 4255 as my
default printer and fax (It sees it as 4200, not 4255). When I try to
print a test page, it says that the file is sent to the printer, but
never prints. There is no life in the printer.

  I have tried to look at from CUPS; there as well it looks like
everythin g is in order and sends test pages. There are no error
messages on the computer, it just keeps waiting for minutes but never
prints.

  I would appreciate it if somebody can help me on this.

Sincerely,

(http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited)