On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 07:08 -0800, dwelch91 wrote:
> Probably left out purposefully. It is really only intended for the
> tarball version of HPLIP, where the dependency installation and other
> requirements must be manually installed. It does have some usefulness
> when using an APT package, but they must have decided it wasn't
> important enough to include.

So you are saying that the only way you can help me further is if I
install 1.6.10 from source?

OK. I have removed the v1.6.9 Edgy package and downloaded the
v1.6.10 .run file.

I am getting the message:

warning: There are 5 missing REQUIRED dependencies.

1. libjpeg. A package called libjpeg62 IS installed. Assuming that, in
fact it was missing the development package, I installed libjpeg62-dev.
That seemed to satisfy it.

2. python-dev was no problem

3. cups-devel. The Edgy package is called libcupsys2-dev, which in turn
requires libgnutls-dev, which gives me:

libgnutls-dev:
  Depends: libgnutls13 (=1.4.0-3ubuntu1) but 1.4.1-1 is to be installed

i.e. libgnutls is newer than the -dev package.

If I remove libgnutls, then it seems to want to take most of the system
with it.

How do I move on?

Jeff