Hello, Raghu.

First of all, thank you very much for yout attention and concern. You can´t
imagine how greatful I am, given the importance of this issue here in my
corporation. I chose this printer specially because of the given
compatibilty with linux systems. Before I buy it, I did a research in
HPLIP's site and saw this printer was well supported. You can imagine my
frustration when I noticed this annoying problem.

Your help was really crucial, and changing the MediaPosition number to 7 in
teh ppd file indeed solved the issue. Now it prints directly.

I did the number change in pdd prior to test with the hpijs, which, as you
state, should not cause trouble to the scanner function. So, basically, I
did nothing new from my last e-mail. I just changed the number in ppd and it
worked.

What does this number mean? Can you explain what we are changing?

Well, as for the other questions, the issue happens with all programs. I´m
using gnome desktop. It has happend with the "test page" in CUPS, with
OpenOffice writer and a few others.

As for the lpr command. I would like to try that, but I have no idea how to
use it. Linux for me, until now, was just for fun at home, where I did not
have the need of printing anything. Now I brought it to my company and the
scenario has changed. I don´t have a clue how to use this command, and "lpr
--help" ou "man lpr" did not help either, because the printer is not
connected to a port in the computer.

About the issue with the scanner, well, since the printer is working with
the recommended driver, I´ll change the driver to the hpijs later and do
some tests. I´ll report the outputs.

Funny thing: evince 0.6.0 is not able no print. I open a PDF, for exemple,
and click print. Nothing happens. The job doesn´t even show up in the Print
Notifier (job list) or in the job list in CUPS webpage. If I open with kpdf,
then it goes ok. Do you have a clue? How to debug it?

Sorry about this message´s size. I was pulling my hair out and now I hope
the problem will be solved!

Thanks very much for yout time! I sure appreciate it.
Luis Felipe

  _____