Jos,

Run this:

cd hplip-1.7.4
./install.py -g

and then post the log.

Thanks!

On 4/27/07, jos borghs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

During installation of hplip on my computer with kubuntu last update
(7.04) I get somewhere at step 8 or 9:

Running 'sudo dpkg --configure -a'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
Running 'sudo apt-get install --yes --force-yes -f '
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
Running 'sudo apt-get update'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
Running 'xterm -e sudo apt-get install --yes --force-yes postfix'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...

DEPENDENCY AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
----------------------------------
Running 'sudo apt-get install --yes --force-yes build-essential
libjpeg62-dev libcupsys2-dev lsb openssl libsnmp9-dev python-reportlab
sane-utils'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
error: Package install command failed with error code 100
Would you like to retry installing the missing package(s)? (y=yes*,
n=no, q=quit) :

hit "y" I get same error

Running 'sudo apt-get install --yes --force-yes build-essential
libjpeg62-dev libcupsys2-dev lsb openssl libsnmp9-dev python-reportlab
sane-utils'
Please wait, this may take several minutes...
error: Package install command failed with error code 100
Would you like to retry installing the missing package(s)? (y=yes*,
n=no, q=quit) :

what can I do?

I don't care, I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me. - "Firefly"
-
Ubuntu User: #11105
Ubuntu Linux http://ubuntulinux.org