<http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=16764835620603664337>hi,

Recently, I came across an installation problem of HP Laserjet 1020 on
Mandriva Linux system. The priner is connected through a USB Cable .
However, the printer gets detected and installed on Mandriva Linux, it does
not accept print requests..

Even after giving the print command the print queue remains empty and the
printer is reported to be idle.  We tried installing it on Windows Xp.. It
worked absolutely fine. An interesting observation to be reported is that..
once we get a print from Windows Xp and return back to Mandriva Linux.. it
works absolutely fine. But if we boot it directly to Linux the problem
persists.

After contacting HP Customer Care.. they asked me to install hplip package..
the problems that I am facing while installing are of dependencie.. The
details of which are given below.

INSTALL MISSING REQUIRED DEPENDENCIES
<http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=16764835620603664337>-------

warning: There are 4 missing REQUIRED dependencies.
note: Installation of dependencies requires an active internet connection.
warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: python-devel (python-devel - Python
development files)
----------

warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: cups-devel (cups-devel- Common Unix
Printing System development files)
----------

warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: libusb (libusb - USB library)
----------

warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: lsb (LSB - Linux Standard Base
support)
----------

INSTALL MISSING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES
-------------------------------------

note: Installation of dependencies requires an active internet connection.
warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency for option 'Network/JetDirect I/O':
libnets  nmp-devel (libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library development
files)
----------

warning: Missing OPTIONAL dependency for option 'PC Send Fax': reportlab
(Report lab - PDF library for Python)
----------

warning: Missing OPTIONAL dependency for option 'Scanning': xsane (xsane -
Graphical scanner frontend for SANE)

If available pls give a link to a specific package that doesn't has such
cumbersome installation dependencies or the links where I can get these
dependencies..

My OS is Mandriva Linux 2006.0

Thanks and Regards,
--