If you don't have hplip installed then you can't run hp-check.  And the cd
command is cd .. not cd.. ;)

Can you send the install log file?  It will look something like
hplip-install_<the date you installed>.log

mepis 6.5
hp All-in-one 6310

[EMAIL PROTECTED] hp-check > hp-check.txt
bash: hp-check: command not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cd..
bash: cd..: command not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hp-check > hp-check.txt
bash: hp-check: command not found

I don't care, I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me. - Firefly
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein