On 7/15/07, Michael Lorz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  sorry, I can't really help you. For me, printing on A5 paper works
> perfectly, but I have the same problems as you with A6 (as I have posted
> some time ago). I haven't tried to print ASCII-text. I only tried OpenOffice
> and Postscript files.
>  In my case I think that there might be a problem with the Postscript output
> which is generated by OpenOffice (although the output is correctly displayed
> on the screen with evince).
>  It would be interesting if anyone here has ever printed out a A6 document
> with OpenOffice correctly. I have no idea whether the problem is actually
> the driver or my particular printer (3330 MFP).
>  Someone told me on this list some time ago that the problem (for my
> printer) might be that the paper in the tray is centered and not aligned on
> the top left corner. But I think that this is the case on many other
> printers as well.
>  Next week I have the possibility to try this on a 3055 MFP. I tell you if I
> have some news.

Thank you for your input. Michael.

My printer (the LaserJet 1100A) works in exactly the same way as yours
regarding paper loading - I have a pair of moveable guides that are
mechanically connected so that the paper always end up "centered" in
the printer - I'm not convinced the driver realises this!

I've been trying with lp (to print ascii text) because I assumed that
this would be the simplest kind of printing, and that if this was
broken, the problem must be with the driver. I've only just thought
that I might be wrong - perhaps the simplest kind of printing is
postscript (is this the "base" language that all printers talk?)

If there are any HP printer devs reading this: how can I test out
printing at its simplest, so that I can work out whether the problem
is with the driver/ppd or whether the problem is in some higher-level
application?

I'll try out the A5 Openoffice and A5 postscript later today and
report back. What do you use to print out postscript files (command
line, like lp, or gui, like evince)?

Jaime