I confess that I don't know what text2speech system is in use currently. FWIW,
I have spent some time making Festival sound better, the Nitech voices are a
large improvement over the default ones. I'm happy to provide some info and/or
assistance if desired assuming Festival is being used.

Thanks,
-dosman