This reminded me of an article I saw the other day on Hacker News : URL
query parameters and how laxness creates de facto requirements on the web (
https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/web/DeFactoQueryParameters)

While I generally fall  on the side of "Why are you putting your parameters
on my URL", does a hard "NO" hurt spreading the goodness of HPR more than
it provides a security to the site? Personally I don't find many links on
socail media i want to click upon, but I would hate to lose a potential new
listener/contributor because they followed a link from Facebook and then
didn't end up where the poster originally intended. I know this does add
some overhead to the code, but I feel it is worth it in this instance.

Cheers,

Roan