Hello folks,

Some might remember my post a few days ago about blind playing of
Dungeons & Dragons.

It got a mention on the community news for October, and there has been
some discussion with Klaatu about an episode or two on this subject.

I was sitting here by my PC during the night just gone by, listening to
the election results, and trying to get together ideas for an audible
poly dice roller for the ESP8266 nodemcu microcontroller.

I got the design together, but in a spare minute I checked the IOS app
store, and found a totally accessible app called 'Natural 20 Lite'.

It will 'roll' D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20 and D100. A D100 is usually
made by rolling a D10 twice, once for tens and once for units. Zeros on
both rolls is 100.

With the VoiceOver screen reader on, on any IOS device, iPhone or iPad,
it will audibly speak the result of any roll.

I have no idea whether the app is also available for Android.

It's a brilliant little app, and means I can roll any of the dice needed
to play D&D.

The app store said 'in app purchases', but I have not seen anything pop
up yet that is annoying.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

https://cromarty.github.io/
http://eyesfreelinux.ninja/
http://www.raspberryvi.org/