I'd think sourcehut would work better. I bet the owner would even allow hpr
free whatever you needed. I feel that email + git workflow is very native.

There are also gogs and gitea if you are going to selfhost and want github-like
clones.

Personally, with the amount of devs that we have.... fossil-scm seems like the
best fit. My favorite fossil feature is the immutable commit history.

--cobra2