I guess I would expect a paragraph following "There are 21 days to wait...",
saying:

"There are only 8 shows in the reserve queue. [[Submit a show into the reserve
queue.]]" followed by a brief explanation of what the reserve queue is.

Then the rest of the page, starting with the Next 2 months section.

One question is how many days prior to the air date will the show move from the
reserve queue to the schedule? That would be important too, because in the
nearly 2 years I've been listening, I think only one emergency show has reached
the main feed, so if we're calling it a reserve queue and want it to rotate
more often, we should pull from it sooner too. So, then I would append
something like "Your show will air in the next slot that remains unfilled 7
days prior to airdate." or more vaguely "The reserve queue fills slots that are
otherwise unclaimed." and then maybe we could display an average time to air
for reserve queue shows once we can calculate one.

Does this make sense?

In general I think it's a good idea. Frankly it almost never matters exactly
what date we pick when we post a show, maybe reserving a date should rather be
the exception than the rule. And the dynamic with picking dates would create
the rather stressful janitorial situation of looking at the unfilled slots in
the calendar.

-dnt