Dear all,

My vote is +1 for the following reasons:

- Having a smaller codebase helps new developers to get familiar with the
codebase quickly, limits the amount of documentation to browse through for the
users, and makes the overall development faster.
- Having 2 separate repositories allows us to develop in a decoupled way, i.e.
if there is a urgent need for a functionality but it takes a lot of time to
adapt to the distributed parts, this can be done in 2 steps. I think it is not
a matter of having less work at CSCS as we would still participate to making
things work together with distributed; but is a matter of this adaptation work
not being a burden by choosing when to do it.
- HPX reputation: Some people have tried HPX in the past and have dropped it
for several reasons (lack of modularization, local and distributed parts not
separable, etc.). Giving it a new name (for the local part) and separate the
repositories can revive interest again and attract developers and users.

As a developer at CSCS, I also strongly hope to continue working with the HPX
community. My vote is +1 because there is demand for it at CSCS and I think HPX
image could benefit from it. But I wouldn't mind to keep working on one
repository either.

Best regards,

Auriane