Hi,
I think i'm not explaining myself correctly. This could be due to the
fact that I'm new to the vocabulary of machine learning.

Let's take a binary regression. It take X as an input and gives 0 or
1. If I want to train such regression I need a matrix Xdata which
could represents 'm' pictures  of cats and Ydata which is a vector of
length 'm' constituted of 0 and 1 depending if the associated image is
a cat or not. To train such a network we need both Xdata and Ydata. We
then use gradient descent to find the weights to get the best
approximate of f(X)->Y

In the case of the HPX smart executors, the regression takes as an
input static and dynamic features and gives as an output the optimal
policy(sequential or parallel). In that case, Xdata would represents
different static and dynamic features for 'm' tests. But to train the
network, you also need Ydata which,in that case, is the optimal policy
for each of the 'm' training examples.

 From what you tell me it seems that we don't have Ydata so we don't
know the optimal policies for our training example. If it's the case,
I simply don't understand how you can apply a learning algorithm. My
analogy would be that you can't train a regression to recognize cat
pictures if you don't tell it which ones of the pictures you it train
with are cats and which aren't.

Thank you very much.
Gabriel.