Thanks Hartmut for getting back to me on this. I'm sorry to have missed
this originally /caught in my spam filter)

----------
On May 30, 2019 8:03:00 a.m. "Hartmut Kaiser" <hartmut.kai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've had several attempts to providing higher level support to integrate
> GPGPUs with HPX. HPXCL is one of those; HPX.Compute is another attempt.
> Neither has resulted in something we're satisfied with. However, we have
> created a couple of lower level facilities that I believe are useful.
>
> The main idea is (as always) to expose operations the CPU schedules on the
> device (data transfer, run a kernel, etc.) through API function that return an
> hpx::future. That allows for nicely hiding latencies and communication
> overheads. This also allows integrating the GPU work into the overall
> asynchronous execution flow on the CPU.
>
> HPX.Compute has also introduced the concept of 'targets' (i.e. places in the
> system) that can be used to create a) allocators, and b) executors. This is
> important to be able to control data and execution placement from user land
> while still using system facilities like parallel algorithms, etc.
>
> HPXCL has solved the problem of remote GPU access by encapsulating a device in
> a HPX component, that allows to submitting data and kernels for execution to a
> remote device.
>
> There is essentially no documentation of any of the above. As I said, we were
> not satisfied with the overall design or implementation, so we decided not to
> spend time on describing things.
>
> As always, any help you might be willing to give would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Regards Hartmut
> ---------------
> http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu
> https://github.com/STEllAR-GROUP/hpx

I am certainly interested and excited to contribute in any way I can.
However, I need to add the caveat that I will certainly need some guidance
and direction from those with considerable more experience than myself.

For example, to understand the previous attempts and what was deemed
lacking or problematic with the designs, what would be the broader design
goals for this module, etc.

If someone is interested and available to assist and provide guidance,
advice, etc. - basically to act as a mentor for this project - I would be
very happy for the help and would be willing to contribute to this project
to the best of my abilities.

Regards,
Michael