Marian Steinbach wrote:

>    Is their a universal way to achieve indexing PDF?

I haven't much experience here but, I've just installed ht://dig having
previously installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader on my FreeBSD box and in
appears to be indexing our PDF documents OK.

I've not done any sort of investigation into what does and doesn't get
indexed - so I can only say it "seems" to work!

I've not tried any of the other methods suggested by others.

R.
--
Robin Bowes - System Development Manager - Room 405A
E.O.C., Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.